Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Liferay Performance Tuning

This stuff is really exciting. So I've got a few days to compare a bundled liferay out-of-the-box instance with the one that's enhanced by our company for a certain client. I'll be responsible to analyze the difference in performance statistics by profiling the application. I started off with Grinder and just recently learned about the visually appealing VisualVM.

Apparently, I'll have to collect stats from both of the tools to summarize the overall difference. Ideally, I'd be able to pinpoint the exact methods that must be rewritten to improve the performance. Instrumenting the CPU using VisualVM by limiting it Liferay specific classes seems like a good idea.

Let's see. I'll try to update this post with results, if and when I get them :)

4 comments:

Timing Belts Exporter said...

Such a great post...........

pranisha said...

It Is important to learn with DevOps Training in Chennaiand board organisation and experience and training at Infycle Technologies. Infycle is perfect for DevOps Training Chennai. In addition to this, we have added other exclusive courses including more than 100 offline courses so that you can enter an international company with a great salary package. Contact us at 7504633633 or 7502633633.

Anonymous said...

Seed

Harry Kevin said...

I think the performance of a bundled Liferay instance with a customized version for a client. To analyze the differences, you plan to use Grinder and VisualVM. Your goal is to collect comprehensive statistics from both tools, focusing on CPU instrumentation in VisualVM to 'do assignment for me' and identify specific Liferay classes that might help need optimization, enabling targeted performance improvements.